The outcomes sought for Karangahape and Maungawhau
We’ve worked with our mana whenua partners, the Albert-Eden Local Board and the Waitematā Local Board to develop the outcomes being sought for the future development sites around the City Rail Link (CRL) Karangahape and Mt Eden stations.
The proposed ‘Foundation Outcomes’ guiding this urban regeneration programme are:
- Environmental vitality and climate action: An exemplar net zero carbon urban regeneration development that is resilient to climate change and focuses on the prioritisation of sustainable modes of transport and environmental vitality
- Mana whenua partnership: Partner with mana whenua to integrate mātauranga (Māori knowledge) and reflect Māori identity in the precincts
- Homes: Provide healthy, affordable and accessible homes with a mix of different types and options, to cater for a diverse community
- Accessibility: Create precincts that are accessible for all and encourages the use of public transport and provides a safe and connected neighbourhood
- Economic & social well-being (‘Community well-being’): Provide public space, health, community space, learning, and employment facilities that enhances the existing community and enables people to thrive
- Value realisation: Creating enduring investments for the community and realise value over time.